Tuesday, May 29, 2007

S.P.A.M.

Once again, I apologize to my readers for my delay in posts. I know you all have been anxiously waiting the next day in Utah, but a more urgent post awaits your eyes. What is it??? Read on to find out!

Yesterday, I got back from a really fun camping trip in Yosemite. It was my last junior high trip I will ever have, because this was the eighth grade final hurrah!! Now, the drive up normally takes about four or five hours. However, this trip happened to take place on Memorial Day weekend, and we were on the road for EIGHT HOURS!!! Fortunately, the only people in the car I rode in were Atalie, Emma, Claire, and Mr. Bailey. Compare this to the other car with... never mind. Most of you wouldn't understand what a big mistake it is to travel with the people in that van. It makes me shiver just to think about it! Anyways, we did get there eventually, and the background was amazing!! Yosemite is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth. Now, I could bore you all with a bunch off little details, but I won't, because the second half of this post is going to be dedicated to one thing in particular.

I will give you a hint or two. Think about the most disgusting thing you ever ate, and then multiply that by five. Now imagine the worst name ever given to a "Food" product. OK, now picture in you mind a flat pinky object looking like a cross between a piece of salmon, and a cow pie. If you still don't know what it is, just peek up at my title, and you should know by now. That's right, it is S.P.A.M. Not Spam, S.P.A.M. Want to know why I spell it that way? It cause it is not a name, it is four letters describing it, and they just so happen to spell something. Slimy, Putrid, Awful Mush! And THAT is how the name spam came about. Most people don't know this fact, mostly because I made it up... but it needs to be made known!! So by now, you may be wondering how I got from camping to spam. It’s really quite simple. Spam was brought along on the trip as a food source, and people actually ate it!!! I can not believe why anyone would want to put something so revolting into ones mouth. you ask my friend Holly how she feels about spam, I am pretty sure the answer would end up much like this post. Some may think, "Aw, its not that bad!" But may I remind you, that when you get a weird message in comments, what is it called? SPAM!!! That’s right, they needed a name for junky messages, and spam fit the bill! So now all of my reader know more about how I feel about spam then they will ever wish to know. I call that a job well done!

15 comments:

Imperator said...

It sounds Awful!!!!! Uncivilized and Barbaric!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I LOATHE camping. BAD FOOD!!!! You have to be with a few, evil, CONNIVING PEOPLE FOR 2 DAYS!!!!At least you were with people you know and like. But when I have to camp, I HAVE to do it with the BOY SCOUTS!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! And you heard me go on my other Rants so they generly are the same. I hate Camping so, thats that.

Drama Queen said...

Oh I loved the camping, and the spam was not our only food source, and the rest was decent enough... not something you would want to eat every day for the rest of you life, but i had a fun time.

Drama Queen said...

also, wont u have to camp during you missions and stuff?

Debater said...

Emperor- four words- you are a wimp.

CAMPING IS FUN

atalie said...

hey they had doritos and oreos and smores and pancakes and bbqed chicken. nobody force-fed you any spam.
i got some cool pics i need to show u sometime.
i ♥ camping! (exept for the fact there are no showers...)

atalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Imperator said...

DEBATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INSULT!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Catie, I like your new template.

Hol said...

Hahahaa!!! I remember that,

"I Don't Like Spam!!!" =D

Imperial said...

I love camping! I aggree with you catie, yosimite sure is nice! Oh, by the way, back when we were young, Like we used to eat spam all the time.

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a good time - Jeremy said it was a fun trip!!!!! Sorry - didn't know he took spam - but I am with Atalie - I would have stuck with the good stuff - oreos, etc. :):)

jenylu said...

Since you like it so much, I'll make you some nice S.P.A.M. patties for your birthday dinner --I'll have to ask Jeremy for some recipes! :-)

The two love birds .. said...

CATIE

YOU ARE SO A GOOD WRITER. THERE MUST BE A GREAT FUTURE IN THAT WRITING SOMEWHERE FOR SUCCESS. START WRITING FOR READER'S DIGEST OR SOME OF THOSE MAGAZINES. WE BET YOU WOULD DO WELL.

Imperator said...

Maybe You should become a writer Catie, You would be good.I am writing a Novel that is okay, but not too good. I do not like camping, as I said, but when I do I tend not too eat. Somthing I would NEVER do under most Cimcumstances.(Spelling?)As for Yosemite, I am glad you liked but I personly Loathe it. No one died there, so Why should I care!(Just kidding)

Rebel Trooper said...

I like SPAM....=(

pink princess said...

oh 4 the love of peace!!! it wasn't all THAT bad!