Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day Five at Utah


This dog is our host familys dog.

Ok everyone; sorry about the delay... here is what you all have been waiting for.

DAY 5 AT UTAH

I woke up early, and couldn’t get back to sleep! We couldn’t find the leftover cinnamon rolls, so cereal for breakfast again. Last night, Michelle got to ride her host family’s horse bareback! She has a great family, as do we. Today, we passed out doorknob signs instead of flyers. It was FREEZING today!! And when I say freezing, I mean freezing! It SNOWED on us twice! Just tiny little flakes and they melted really fast, but still! Snow I tell you, SNOW!!! (The previous was unedited from my journal; to show you how furious I was with the weather) I have a nice warm fluffy jacket back at the house...sigh. Some people wore flip-flops... poor them! Nothing much happened the first two rounds. We stopped at a gas station for a loo break. I got a French vanilla cappuccino, and it was warm and wonderful. So we got round 3-4 done, and piled into a car. We had so many people, that some were hanging on the sides. Except for the cold blasting wind, it looked fun. I lost count of how many rounds we have done. We are going to lunch now, thank goodness! I am SO getting something warm. It was an awesome Mexican restraunt. We got to choose what went on our meals. It started to snow while we were eating. It was more like balls then flakes, so I called them snow dots. They were really cool. Once again, another long noisy car ride coming up. We stopped at a giant hunting store, and I got some cool stuff. Rachel got a giant stuffed fish, it was funny! Next we went to a place called thanksgiving point. I milked a fake cow! But water came out instead of milk thank goodness! Elise Michelle and I split an ice-cream Sunday. It was pretty tasty. A funny thing to eat on a cold semi-snowy day. Our ride to our next destination was very long and boring, as well as loud and annoying. We went to a collage coffee shop. They had two cute dogs. After a quick tour, we sang and had a little Bible study. The topic was people who did great things for God, I think... after that, we bought drinks, talked and played X-box 360. Elise was terrible at the games. I did ok, not to good, not to bad. So now we are back in the car. You probably could guess by now, but we have a van full of caffeinated hyper juinor highers. As it is 9:48 at night, this can bring no good. Sigh... sometimes I wonder if it is physically possible for some of them to be semi-quiet for five minutes! They probably even talk in their sleep! Can’t wait for tomorrow, I will be SURE to bring my big coat.
~Catie

6 comments:

pink princess said...

my my you DID write alot for that day.

Imperator said...

Sounds fun!

jenylu said...

"we have a van full of caffeinated hyper juinor highers...this can bring no good."

Very profound insight! :)

Stephanie said...

Where did you milk the cow - I didn't see that - - -

The two love birds .. said...

Sounds like you don't like snow? I tell you it's not as bad as you think dear, come visit us in PA and you'll understand. Love, Aunt Rita

Drama Queen said...

I actually LOVE snow, but when you are wearing a shortsleeve shirt, a thin sweatshirt, it is very windy, and you were told to pack clothes for warm weather, it isnt quite as pleasurably.