Monday, April 23, 2007

Day Four in Utah

Ok everyone, sorry about forgetting to put a picture in my last post. I forgot, but will try to do better this time.
Day 3
We had an AWESOME breakfast today. Sausage, eggs, orange rolls, cinnamon rolls, juice and more! Oh my goodness, our family is sooooo nice, and they have a long history of pets. At the church, Derrick gave us a talk about the day, and we were off! Another loud car ride…. Sigh. Our first round, nothing of interest happened. Kayla Danielle and I were a group together, and we all stuck little flyers advertising Derricks church, and a Christian book store on peoples door mats. Who knows what will happen with these flyers. (Actually, God knows!) I was terrified that someone might open the door as I was leaning over to stick a flyer under a mat, but no one ever did. So after three rounds, I was starving!! (Despite that big breakfast) still nothing exciting, except when Kayla tripped and lost her shoe. Now, the way this all worked was: Derrick would drop off a group or two at a street, show us a map and give us instructions, and we would walk down, and stick a flyer under a door mat, or through the door handle. After round four, while Kayla and I were making our way to the back of the van, Derrick gassed the car and it jerked forward a bit. I was already partly seated, so I just thumped down a bit, but Kayla was still standing, and she went flying down on her back into an empty row! My goodness she looked funny, feet in the air and all! Fortunately for her, we were the only ones in the van. Round five was nice and peaceful. On our street, it was our group and Michelle's group. Plus, the weather cooled down a little, which felt very nice. By now, I was VERY thirsty. Next, we went to the church for a little bit. After a race to the loo, Michelle invented a fun new game. Plus, I got a drink from the drinking fountain. Water at last… we had lunch at Chilies. It was very tasty. While getting into the van, Michelle tore her jeans on a place an arm rest had broken off! The funny thing was Max did the same thing coming in after her! So after driving forever, and after walking forever, we took a tour at the Brigham Young University. All we did was walk around on a roof and a guy explained what the different buildings were. My feet were tired of standing, so the tour wasn’t that great to me. But we did learn that Mormons paid less than non Mormons. Interesting… When we went home, we had a wonderful meal. It filled me up! This is a picture of Morphy by the way. After that, we played with Molleigh, (the daughter of the daughter who lived downstairs… she is nine) and did her dolls hair. This little girl is more mature than the rest of us! She has such patience with her little brother. Ttfn!!!
~Catie

Stay tuned for more Utah stories, here on Life of the Teen Drama Queen!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Interesting - I am jealous of your wonderful breakfast - sounds yummy!

pink princess said...

did you happen to get a pic of that wonderful breakfast?

atalie said...

hi catie