Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day two in Utah

I was unable to get a picture in, so just use your imagination.

For today's post, I shall give you the second day of my Utah trip, straight from my journal, with a bit added, and a bit removed for full clarity among my fellow bloggers, and readers.

Day 2

I woke up with a cat on my ‘bed’! Our host family has three cats, one of which is a kitten. This cat, named Morphy, was very cute. I wasn’t very hungry this morning, having eaten a rather large dinner the day before, so I had milk for breakfast. (Sorry to bore my readers with pointless details, remember, this is from my journal) We were second to be picked up of all the girl groups. Don’t know (or care) where the boys are. So all the girls got picked up, and we met at the church for a quick overview of the day’s events, and we were off in the vans again. Our first destination was a lady who used to be a Mormon, and she told us all about the different things about their religion. When she showed us the outfits for temple marriage, I wanted to laugh out loud, they were so ridiculous! After we were done, she let us take some free pamphlets about different things relating to Mormonism. After that, we went to this creepy place called Hard Rock CafĂ©, with weird pictures, weird music videos, the place creeped me out! After lunch, we went in a mall for a bit. I sampled a hand lotion that smelt like cinnamon, and quite honestly, I loved it! A few of us girls went into a fancy clothes store, and Elise, Michelle and Kayla tried on some fancy dresses. Kayla was the only one who fit in her dress, (cause the others didn't realized there were zippers on the sides) and she looked beautiful in it! Next, we went to Temple Square, where the big Mormon ‘HQs’ are, in a way. We took a tour from two nice ladies. I felt bad whenever they mentioned things that I disagreed with. After the tour, we saw some brides and grooms after their weddings. The brides all had lovely dresses, and it made it hard to believe they had been dressed so ridiculously earlier. We saw one couple dressed before the wedding, and I just couldn’t believe how silly the would look very soon. We drove to a gas-station next, and got drinks. Many people got and drank energy drinks with two servings in them! EEEKK!!! We ate at another mall for dinner. I had Subway, and it was gooood! Some of us girls went ‘shopping’ but we only had ten minutes, and not one spent so much as a penny! For the car ride to our host homes, at least the boys were in a different car…peace at last! So we got home, watched the end of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the end of Pride and Prejudice, and the beginning of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Time for bed!
~Catie

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The time with Sandra was amazing to me - learned a lot!!!!! Thanks for the posts - keep them coming!!!! It was a great trip!

micheller said...

that trip was pretty fun, you should show some pics of it!