Thursday, April 19, 2007

My First Job!!

This will be another short, almost pointless post. Before I go into the specifics, you all may have been noticing how often I post nowadays. In the beginning, I would on average do one or two posts a month! My very first post actually stated that I would probably never be able to do one every day, but more like once a week. No, I am not trying to demonstrate my superior frequency in posting, I just happen to read my friends blogs more. And now that I actually READ blogs, I can fully appreciate a frequent poster. Now I will move on to the real reason for this post. Today, I filled out an application for (Hopefully) my first real job! You may be thinking what kind of job can there be for a 14 year old. I landed mine at a nearby swimming pool and tennis court area called Oak Park. If I do actually get the job, I will be working in the snack bar, maybe not the best job in the world, but it would be my first one and I am really excited that I might get my first job before Johnny gets his first job! Plus, Oak Park is really close to our house, so I could ride my bike there. I will let you all know if I do actually get the job. If not, I still have babysitting to earn my cash.

5 comments:

Thrawn said...

Congrats on that. Your pretty lucky to get a job at age fourteen. I mean I have been working with my dad since I was five but thats different. Like I said congrats and I hope you get the job.

Stephanie said...

That is awesome!!! Hope you are able to get the job!!! Good for you for being a "go-getter!"

Hol said...

Yay Catie! Helping the U.S. economy go 'round =D Hope you get the job!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Catie, my second real job was at Oak Park! Yeah for you. :) It's a fun place to work...just stay out of Marian's way as much as possible. I'm assuming she's still around. Hope you get the job. If you get the chance, start teaching swim lessons someday...that's how I paid my way through college! I learned how to teach lessons while there.

jenylu said...

I hope you get that job too -- we can't count on Johnny to support us in our old age! :)