Monday, April 02, 2007

To Scream or not to Scream, no Question Bout' That!


Some of my wonderful fans out there may be wondering a great many things at the moment you read this post. Maybe you wonder why I have been linking infrequent commentators, or what has been going on in my fun filled life? Allow me to try to answer them all in one post.

Starting with the linking. I got fed up with my rules about commenting, and I hate math, so now I will just link whenever I feel like it. If ur link is not up there yet, it most likely will be soon..... Or maybe not so soon. I don’t have all day ya know to just LINK LINK LINK!!!! I have a life here, so don’t worry.

Secondly, what has been going on in my life? To start out with, Johnny got his permit, and has started driving. The next two lines will now describe how I feel for his accomplishment.
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There, now you know how I feel.

Also, this past weekend was a speech tournament for myself, and the self’s of others in speech clubs across California. All went well right up till the final round, in which I participated in. I had made it to finals in my speech on puppets, and as soon as I finished speaking, my voice started to drop. By the time I had finished packing up my speech stuff and was waiting for dinner in the gym, my voice was so bad I couldn’t even scream. I COULDNT EVEN SCREAM PEOPLES... DO YOU KNOW HOW DEVASTATING THIS IS TO A PERSON LIKE ME AT A TOURNAMENT WITH AN AWARDS CEREMONY AT THE END?????!!!?!?!?!?!? Since I still can not scream as I write this, I will now give one short yet loud scream in writing. Cover your fingers peoples, this could hurt. EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! there, a strange scream in writing. Any ways, during the awards, while everyone else was screaming and clapping, I was left to: CLAP! Ya. CLAP! Ya. The WHOLE time. This tore me apart. And the worst part is, all my friends think it is wonderful that I can temporarily no longer be able to exert my voice to such lofty heights. Woe is I, the silent screamer. I can be thankful however that my voice wrecked after my last speech, which took fifth place I might add. Not bad really, two spots away from qualifying for nationals. However... this is NOTHING compared to some other peoples. My friends Holly and Tim qualified in their due, and Justin Willis at his first speech tourney ever, qualified. Yup, we all had fun. if I don’t comment or post for a while after this, its cause I am getting ready to go to Utah on a mission trip this Friday. That’s all folks!!

7 comments:

Imperator said...

Maybe you just don't scream like some barbarian chief, have fun in Utah!

Rebel Trooper said...

Dang! you couldn't even scream? well that really stinks...you did very very good in the speech I saw! have fun in Utah!!!

Hol said...

I totally sympathize with you in your brother getting his permit.

*is hoping to get linked to* =D

"Woe is I, the silent screamer"
lol, you are so hilarious! It was sad that you couldn't scream for everyone =P.

Stephanie said...

Great job on your speech! I do have to say, C.R. without a voice is a strange thing - - - - can't wait for Utah - it will be super fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying that your voice comes back.

Drama Queen said...

gosh thats a terrible picture of me...

Rebel Trooper said...

man I hope your voice heals...may your mission trip be fruitful!
no that really is a good picture!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Congrats on getting 5th place! That's a great achievement in-and-of-itself. As far as losing your voice. I'm sad for you but happy for those around you during the award ceremony. (It's like riding a roller-coaster with my sister, Sarah...I'd rather wait 'till she loses her voice.) Hope you have an awesome time on your mission trip!