Monday, April 16, 2007

My Marvelous Mission

I am quite sure that my fans out there are aware that I went to Utah over spring break for a mission trip. I had a wonderful time. I am also quite sure that you all are DYING to know how the trip went, and as I am not one to keep others in suspense, I shall gratify your ravenous desirer to learn about our mission trip. And so the story begins…….

On the trip, I kept a journal of each day’s events. The following several posts will most likely be excerpts from my journal for each day, with little bits added and removed for better understanding by my readers who would otherwise have no clue what I am talking about. Not that you don’t already……… anyway, before I begin the trip account, I must first cover some details that must not be underestimated in their worth for clarity in posts.

1: this trip took place in Utah. (No duh!)
2: Utah is almost completely inhabited by Mormons. (Or also known as LDS, (latter-day-saints))
3: Us little juinor highers, (There were 12 of us, eight girls, and 4 boys) were all paired up with a collage student. (Did I mention this was a collage/juinor high trip?) In a big bro big sis sort of thing.
4: Kayla, (My friend) Elise, (my arch nemesis) and myself had one collage girl between us, her name is Daniel.
5: we went to help out a church whose pastors name is Derrick smothers… he used to go to our church years and years ago.
6: I think that’s all the important details for now… so this time, the story will really begin!

Day One,
I woke up at six thirty, but didn't actually get up and shower till seven. My breakfast was scanty: String cheese, and a glass of milk. Michelle and I rode to the airport in the McAllister’s car with Elise Erin and Leigh. (All friends of mine, in a warped way…Erin is my best friend, but neither she nor Leigh went on the trip, as neither of them are in juinor high) we had a very musical ride. For lunch at the airport, Kayla, Michelle Elise and I ate at burger king. Elise had the most disgusting looking burger I had seen in eons… or maybe just months. We finally got on the plane. Kayla, Chelsea and I were in one row. I tried playing an in-flight trivia game, but alas! I am not gifted in the skills of trivia. Or in other words, I stunk!!! Michelle was better than me for crying out loud!! The flight was very short, and before we knew it, we were in Utah! A few of our cheap matching Utah
bags

broke during the flight. Poor Michelle was one of the unfortunates. All of our non-rolling duffle bags weighed a TON!! My poor shoulder was red before long, but eventually we got all the bags loaded in the cars. The ride to Springville took about an hour and I must say our van was far from quiet! Finally, we arrived at Derrick’s church, he gave us a talk about the next day’s events, and after that we were off to our host family’s houses. Me Kayla and Elise were all with Danielle. Michelle was all alone with her collage sis. Actually, she and Elise had the same collage sis, but Elise was with us for housing. So here we were watching sound of music on TV. Long day tomorrow!
~Catie

Stay tuned for more Utah stories, right here on LIFE OF THE TEEN DRAMA QUEEN!!!

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

This is great Catie! I am really looking forward to reading your "report" of your trip so that I can see how it went through a Jr. Higher's eyes! I know I had fun.

Debater said...

Sounds neat! can't wait to hear more! What are you implying by "Michelle was better than me for crying out loud!!"??? Well it sounds like I'll get to hear a lot of good stories out of this, can't wait to hear more, even though you really missed out at Biola(not)...Not to say Biola wasn't fun, but then again the talk between postings dwindled significantly without you guys (or, well-girls) there( don't ask what I'm implying by THAT.) See you wednsday!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE this!!!! I can't wait to hear more - keep the posts coming!

micheller said...

Hey everyone, just 2 let u know...I have a new blog!
I am not using my old one anymore,so check out my new one.

Drama Queen said...

sorry everyone about the wacky picture layout. i will try to fix that in due time...

jenylu said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more as well. I will even resist the temptation to comment on your punctuation. I'm glad you kept a journal. :-)

Note to self: work on when to use commas!