Sunday, October 28, 2007

My a-MAZE-ing Night

Last night I had an awesome time up in Ukiah. Our high school went up to this guys house that makes a big maze out of different stuff each year. And it isn't just some ordinary maze; it has tunnels, slides, secret doors, stairs, a rope swing and more! A ton of youth groups came out for this, and we had an absolutely amazing time. After we finished the maze (my group was one of the first ones out!) we listened to a guy preach for a little while, then did the maze again! This time it was much easier, but it was still fun. We left at about 11. Erin McAllister, a girl named Karen, and Cassie (Our pastor’s wife) were all really thirsty, so we stopped at Cassie's parent’s house in Ukiah for something to drink. Her mom was awake, and we got sparkling cider and pumpkin pie. Not bad! We ate and drank for a while, then left. By this time, our car was way behind everyone else, but we didn't worry too much. As we were going along on the highway, suddenly Cassie stops and pulls over. I then realized that there was a cop right behind us with flashing lights! Uh oh.... we were in trouble! Apparently, she was going 80 with a 60 speed limit, and one of her headlights was out. We already knew about the headlight, but Cassie was surprised at the speed, because it was set to a certain thing. She thinks her speedometer is off or something. Fortunately, he let us off with a warning. So we finally got home at one in the morning. I should have slept soundly, but I didn’t. Instead, I was up almost all night battling a stuffy nose and a sore throat. This morning, I slept in instead of going to church, and I basically feel awful right now. So I probably will not be at Journey tonight. Hopefully I will feel better soon!

6 comments:

atalie said...

yeah that maze was better than i expected. hope u feel better!

Imperator said...

Hope you feel better, It's pretty bad being sick on the weekend.

pink princess said...

oh, u poor thing. im sorry. hope u get better soon. missed u at awana

Stephanie said...

I missed you at church - I was hoping you would be there & get to hold Allie!!! Fun times - spunds like fun!!!!! Stopped - funny!!!!!!!!

Black Sun said...

That sounds like it was an awsome time. Well, get better soon Catie. So that's the reason you weren't at AWANA on Sunday...

micheller said...

yah it sounded really fun..i stayed home and did dishes...:P