Friday, October 05, 2007

Lucy Again!

Sorry I have not been posting for a few weeks. No one was commenting, so I figured no one cared about my blog anymore. (Jk) Actually, I got kinda busy, and got grounded from the computer for a week, and just wasn't very inspired. But now I am inspired!

I suppose you all are wondering how my rat Lucy is doing. She is absolutely wonderful, and we have been having lots of fun. But I got worried that she didn't have enough to do in her cage. This led me to the decision to surf the web and find ideas for rat toys. I came across this AWESOME website that has tons of ideas for rats. The link is at the bottom for all you rat lovers. (That means you Holly!) One of the ideas they had was a rat piñata. No, you don't fill a cardboard box full of rats and whack it senseless; it is merely a piece of paper towel filled with Cheerios or other small treats tied up in the cage. The trick to keeping the rat occupied is making the piñata with a few layers of paper, so the rat won't chew through to quick. Soon, I had a cute little bundle of Cheerios hanging in Lucy's cage. She was instantly interested, but I had to go upstairs for a minute, so I didn't get to see what she did next. When I came back down, my cousin (who was staying at our house) told me that instead of tearing through three layers of paper towel, Lucy simply snipped the string holding it, and brought it into her little house to demolish the piñata there. This led me to the conclusion that..................... Rats are smart!!!

http://www.dapper.com.au/toys.htm

~Catie

9 comments:

Imperator said...

Your at sounds pretty nice, For a rat that is.

atalie said...

lol haha thats cool! makes me want a rat!

Stephanie said...

I do have to say that having a rat as a pet wouldn't be something for me - but I am so glad you are having fun! Creative idea for a toy though!

Glad you are back posting! Grounded from the computer - sounds interesting - -

Hol said...

Yay!! Thanks for the link! =D

pink princess said...

wow...dont ya tink tats a lil much for a rat cates?

Drama Queen said...

No Kayla, its not enough!

Imperator said...

Uhh...

atalie said...

catie, knowing you, pretty soon lucy's cage will be more of a doll house that a rat crate!

Hollister Hillbilly said...

What other ideas have you tryed?