Friday, October 26, 2007

Where is She?

Ok, so last night, I let Lucy out to play on my floor while I got ready for bed. I usually just let her run around with my door closed while I brush my teeth and wash my face and stuff. When I went into my room, she didn't run over to sniff my feet, like she normally does. I closed the door and sat down, calling her name. No Lucy. A little concerned, I checked behind my drawers in my dresser. She got back there once and got stuck, so I figured she was just waiting for her mommy to rescue her. She wasn't there. Beginning to panic, I called her name over and over again, while looking everywhere! This actually wasn't very easy, because my room is a mess. But normally, she will come running over to me if I call her. I wondered if a cat had gotten into my room and... But of course not. I had already looked everywhere, and there was no cat. I called my mom, dad and Michelle and told them I couldn't find Lucy. My dad said she could have crawled under the door. This really scared me, because with two cats, a dog and a big house, a rat could be anywhere! We began a rat hunt, looking all over the house calling her name. My mom rounded up Beamer and stuck him in Johnny's room. Apparently, he was concerned about her disappearance. Yay, he does care! After several minutes of searching and calling, I grabbed a flashlight and shined it under my dresser, just in case I had missed something. Suddenly, Michelle who was on her stomach searching screeched out that she saw Lucy! All that time she had been hiding behind some stuff under my dresser! I still wasn't done worrying, though. She NEVER just hides from me; she loves to be with people. And when we tried to bring her out from hiding, she would just scoot back under. At last, my mom managed to bring her out, and we put her in her cage. She had a sort of wild look in her eyes, and sort of darted around the cage nervously. We are pretty sure something scared her really bad for her to be acting this way. This morning, I held her for a bit, and she seemed fine except for some reddish goop coming from her nose. This is a bad sign for rats, and I am really worried about her. Please keep my adorable little rat in your prayers!

6 comments:

Delta73 said...

Well...thats not good, I will definately keep your rat in my prayers.

The wildness and red goop could be a sign of a brain tumor, or other disease...

Grenadier said...

Sorry about your rat :I

atalie said...

cool

Imperator said...

I will keep her in my prayers. .. Your rat sounds nice, so I hope it's okay...

Drama Queen said...

Awww, thanks u guys! She seems to be doing much better now.

Stephanie said...

Wow - quite the story - glad you found her.