Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Left and Right

Well, no one seems to be checking my blog (yet again!) so I am at a loss as to what I should write about. Sooo... here is a little thing I wrote last year for my journal writing.

It is odd, when you think of having a right hand, and a left hand. Why is it that one is better then the other? Why are some right handed, and some left handed? I have puzzled over this for many a day, trying to unlock the mystery of the right/left hand. I know part of it has to do with your brain, but why does your brain do that? It really is hard for me to figure it out. Plus, some people are both right handed, and left handed!!! I suppose that would have its disadvantages as well as its advantages. For example, what if you broke your wrist. You wouldn’t have the wonderful excuse that you couldn’t write anything because you hand was broken! Also, you might be put in a freak show were people could make fun of you for being able to write your name with both hands! This most likely wouldn’t happen, and people probably wouldn’t call you a freak for having two right hands, but it could happen. I am trying to get my left hand as strong as my right. If I succeed, I shall have the advantages of both the right/left hand people, and the people who have two right hands. I believe that people with right hands are smarter, because it is the RIGHT hand to have! I wonder why people say right and wrong, when is should be right and left. Oh well, not all right handed people are as smart as I am. Someday, when I have equally strong hands, I might rule the world, but I know a kid who already wants to do that, and I must say, listening to him list off the way he will execute his different enemies does cause one to look toward world peace and freely elected democracies with a kinder thought. Oh well, if in about ten years the world is owned by a man named Jonah, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

9 comments:

Peter Brown said...

I agree with you completely.

There is something that seems terribly arbitrary in regard to the brains decisions for the dominating hand.

I found some activities help promote the even-handedness you're looking for. Frisbee throwing with your off-hand, bowling with your off-hand (a bit dangerous) and of course any equal handed activity (like playing drums for instance )

Imperator said...

Hey, if you want New zealand and (or) Canada, you better support my empire. Who said I didn't want world peace,logicly the only way to have world peace is through world domination. When Rome ruled the world, there were 50 years of peace. There has never been world peace at any other time. And after all "I will bring Peace, freedom, justice and security to my new Empire."

atalie said...

confusing. but i liked ur poll.

Drama Queen said...

Well... i wrote this last year before i had any territory. And i thought i have hawaii, not canada.

Stephanie said...

I check your blog - - -

Drama Queen said...

Ya, u and what, two other people? Even my own sister dosnt comment! Thanks sj, i appreciate ur comments.

Hol said...

Yeah. My new Years Resolution from last year was to become ambidexterous (able to write with both hands) by 2008.

Left handies (right brained) are generally more musically and poeticly inclined. Right handies (left brained) are generally more logical and mathematical. This pertains more to guys though, because they use the dominant side of their brain whereas women use both sides pretty evenly but are usually not dominant on either.

Just an interesting tid bit about left/right handedness =P

Drama Queen said...

Cool!

pink princess said...

i dont agree with right handed people being better at math, or at least good at it. im write with my right hand but tat doesnt help me in math at all