Monday, November 05, 2007

Touché Tourney

Hey everyone, sorry I have not posted recently. I have had a cold all week, and just haven't had much inspiration for a post. How about I talk about the Touché tournament?


On Saturday Touché hosted its annual debate tournament. Holly and I were running the timers booth. All we really had to do was set up the timer numbers each round, and make sure they were all taken for each round. This may not seem very hard, but we also had to sign in every timer. We had a sheet with the names on it, but they weren't alphabetized, sometimes the last name was first, sometimes the first name was first and sometimes the name wasn't even on the sheet! In between each round, I had no assigned jobs, thus leading to near fatal cases of boredom. I hung out with Michelle Kayla and Jocelyn, but they all left before the tournament was half over. I also hung out with Holly when she was around, but most of the time it was just me. Michelle was signed up for the kitchen, but she got permission to leave early. Unfortunately, Mrs. Ortiz forgot that Michelle was the only one scheduled to help in the kitchen in the afternoon. So Madeline and I began working in the kitchens. I didn't mind, and was glad of something to do. So the day passed rather slowly, until came time to announce the finalists. Yay for Patrick and Jonah for making it to the finals!!!! So I watched them debate, and during dinner, Holly taught me how to swing dance. During the awards ceremony, I sat in the sound booth with Michelle and my dad, so I got a pretty nice view. All in all, it was a pretty good tournament, and at times I found myself quietly wishing I was debating. TTFN!!!

8 comments:

Imperator said...

You can always join!
Last year, I joined at around this time of year...

Glad there's a new post. It was a fun tournement (Finals, especially)

Debater said...

Boredom can be fatal...
hope u get well!

pink princess said...

poor catie. so, imperator and debater, did u guys win that last round?

Imperator said...

Yes we did, we were 5-0. And patrick got best speaker award, I didn't get one though.

Debater said...

He deserved one, but someone gave him a real low one and that messed it all up...

jenylu said...

Glad the bordedom wasn't fatal -- I would have missed you. :)

I think Jonah & Patrick's triumph was a highpoint for most of us!

Thanks for being so helpful!!

Hol said...

Yay for swing dancing!

TAKING TOMORROW said...

Hey check out our website at
takingtomorrow.blogspot.com
Please vote on our poles and comment on our blogs.

Thanks

Great Blog