Monday, September 10, 2007

Our Friends...

Hello friends! This is Catie, your host for as long as you wish to remain at my blog sight, and I hope you have a great time!

In my last post, I promised to write about two of our very good friends from Hollister. This Hollister happens to be a town near Gilroy, (home of garlic, I might add!) And is in no way, shape or form a popular clothing store. Emily and Kelly are two of me and Michelle’s best friends, and we have known them since before I can remember. (Kinda odd to not remember meeting you lifelong friend…) About four years ago, their dad found a job in, or maybe it was near Hollister and they had to move. I was heartbroken of course, but then, it really wouldn’t make sense for their dad to make a three hour drive twice a day to go to work, and then come back, so there was really no escaping their moving. Many a day did Michelle and I go to their house, whether to play house or dress up or to walk up to pollywog pond and catch…you guessed it, pollywogs. (We named the pond, and I haven’t the slightest idea what its real name is, if it even has a name!) (And none of our pollywogs ever lived by the way) Some of you may remember the Whitelys. (Did I mention their last name was the Whitelys?) So anyway, they moved, and in the first year of their absence, we went up and visited them quite a lot, about once a month I recollect. (Oh, and before I forget, Johnny came on one or two of our hikes when the Whitelys lived here =D) Good times I tell you, GOOOOD times. The Whitelys have always been animal lovers, before they moved they owned two dogs, two cats and a bunny. As of to date, they own one dog, two cats, one bunny, two miniature horses and a dozen chickens. Quite a farm, don’t you think? Sadly, one of their dogs passed away, she was only a few months younger than me!!! They are soon to get a new one however. The new house has… I don’t quite remember, but I think it has a few acres, giving them plenty of room to care for and abundance of animals. Kelly, the younger of the two friends used to want a pot-bellied pig, but I think she is past that, and has now devoted her love to chickens. Emily, the older is fonder of the mini horses… I think. Michelle and I always get quite the farm experience each times we go see them. Just this last visit we… Mucked out the stalls, collected eggs, rode and groomed horses, feed the chickens and more! So, despite the distances, us and the Whitelys have managed to stay close. But before I go, I forgot to mention we even got baptized the same night. Pretty cool huh?

This has been, yours truly, Drama Queen.

3 comments:

atalie said...

cool. i remember that emily's mom threw some really cute themed birthday parties. i havent been to their house simce i was like 11 and they didn't have chickens or horses then.

jenylu said...

You forgot to mention they introduced you to "I Love Lucy"!

Special friends!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

How about some picturs of these special friends. I used to teach them swim lessons and haven't seen them since they moved.