Friday, September 14, 2007

MY RAT!!!!!

Well folks, day before yesterday was the big day! I received my own rat. I had just walked outside to take out the trash, when I happened to glance in the direction of the driveway, and imagine my joy when I discovered a strange car was parked there. I was even more overjoyed when, upon further examination, there next to the car was a girl with a large wire cage in her hands. After I had thrown out the trash, and pieced together the clues, I deducted that this, was in fact, Katie Donovan and she had come to give me her rat! (Of course I knew all this immediately! Mrs. Donovan came out and we went over a few guidelines, and instructions for care. After they left, I made haste to bring the cage and it’s occupant up to my room, where I had prepared a place for him to stay. Except of course, Michelle and I found out that Ratatouille, was a she. I decided to name her first Rheumy, then Lint, and finally Lucy. She is absolutely adorably! Even though she is not as cute as hamsters, you can do a lot more with her. She found and old cloth dog house, and kept crawling into it. This led me to the decision to put the dog house into her cage for the night. Next morning my mom discovered she had torn through it and removed the foam padding inside! So much for the cloth dog house. We took her cage downstairs, and let the other pets get a look at her. Beamer and Squiggy were fascinated, so much that Beamer didn’t even go into the kitchen to finish his breakfast. Unthinkable! Jinx didn’t really think much of her, and ran off instead to fight with Squiggy. Oh, our funny pets. I think we are going to really enjoy my little rat. She even has a tiny harness and leash! But the best part is, she doesn’t really mind being held, so long as you support her and are gentle. I am thrilled at the thought of finally owning my own rodent, something I have wanted long before I became serious about my campaign. Once again, to all you rat haters out there, even my mom likes Lucy. That is saying A LOT. So you all need to come over and see how cute and sweet and funny Lucy is. That’s all for now!!! Tootles!

I will be putting up some pictures shortly. At the moment, it is not convenient to do so.

4 comments:

jenylu said...

'Tis true, I think she's awfully cute. :)

Imperator said...

Glad you like your Rat.

Hollister Hillbilly said...

She is alot cuter than alot of rats I've seen.
Save the name Lint for your hamster!

Hollister Hillbilly said...

Your friend!
Down in Hollister!