Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Parents are back!

Hello all, sorry about the delay in posts. I keep getting a good idea to post, then I don't post, and I forget my good idea.

Last Friday, my parents came home from a cruise! They were celebrating their 20th anniversary, which happened to be last year. Sadly, they didn't bring along the three things that make their lives meaningful...Us! That is right, they had the nerve to go on a several day cruise to beautiful locations without bringing along their wonderful children!!!! We managed all right on our own, and despite the house being a total mess all week, things went fine. But get this, when they came home and had settled down a bit, my dad turned to me and said, "I think you probably would have enjoyed the cruise." HELLLOOOOO!!! Biggest understatement of the year award goes to....HIM! He THINKS, I PROBABLY would have enjoyed myself?? Hmm, I wonder if he figured that out from the 24/7 food buffet, the on ship rock wall, or perhapse the wonderful sites, such as Catalina Island! Oh well, I am sure that next time, they will think twice before going on a major vacation without me Johnny and Michelle...or just me.

6 comments:

Hol said...

This made me laugh :)

atalie said...

awww lucky...

Big Red said...

yeah, i totally get what ur saying. My parents went on a week-long trip to Hawaii and left us behind. Can't wait until i get 2 ditch my kids like that. ;)

atalie said...

hey i added a pole to my blog

jenylu said...

Did I mention that dessert bar was really good? :)

Imperator said...

My parents would go on trips like that but work gets in the way and My Dad Wouldn't leave us at home. For good reason, saying that madeline would be a living Vahalla(Viking for hell) if she had no one to answer to for a week.

So where was the cruise? I took it that is was a California...