Monday, January 07, 2008

Again I say AUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

AUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I QUALIFIED FOR NATIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure most of you already know that Michelle took 7th, and I took 1st for our speeches at Point Loma. Wow, when they announced Michelle as 7th, I thought for sure I was going to get third again. I owe a LOT to Lucy. In fact, as I was walking back to my seat after we got our awards, the guy announcing said that the first place expos was a speech about rats. As funny as that may seem, may I point out that my speech is on PET RATS, not just rats, Pet rats. Everyone seemed to miss that part, despite the obvious clarity in my speech topic. One Judge even wanted to know why I never elaborated on the "dark side" of rats. Hmm...Maybe because I was trying to make rats LOOK GOOD, and not 'dark'.

I wonder where Nationals will be this year...they didn't announce it.

See everyone else who qualifies/qualified there!

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGG

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. where did all my readers go????

14 comments:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Catie! WOW! How cool that you placed first and are going to nationals. I hope it's somewhere really cool and exciting to visit. So, do you do the same speech or have to create another one? I'm guessing it would be the same one. Anyways, awesome job! I'm sure Taeya's proud of you as well!

Grenadier said...

Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the Nationals - that is awesome! I am impressed :):) Great job!

Imperator said...

Great job!!!!!!!! Though, I was there so I already said that. I (Hope) I can be at Nats, but I doubt it.

Debater said...

Congrats!! That was a really great expos! (Both you and Michelle did really well!)

I think quite a few still read your blog. I know I do. But maybe calling your commenters "adoring fans' has something to do with it...

Drama Queen said...

Whats wrong with calling all my readers adoring fans??? That what u are, right?

jenylu said...

Congratulations -- I'm sure everyone who heard your speech immediately went to the pet store and bought 3 pet rats. It certainly seems to have intensified your sister's campaign for a rat of her own! :)

Drama Queen said...

oh and Jonah, dont feel bad or anything, ur doing better in speech ur first year then my first two years combined!

pink princess said...

OH MY GOSH CATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so cool!!!!!!!!! aww, i wish i could hav been there. my mom says congrats too.

atalie said...

omg... SICK!!!! thats really cool. ps i posted about lucy...

Hol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hol said...

EEEEE CONGRATS!! When they announced you got 1st I almost started crying I was so happy =D. You and Michelle have mad expository skills! I'm so happy we get to go to natz together! =D Let us hope it is somewhere nicer than Texas =P


Oh, and I made a lil pinata for Peanut =). She hasn't quite figured out what to do with it yet, so it's still hanging there lol. She's more concerned about breaking out of the cage than food...but I'm hoping she'll catch on soon! =D

Drama Queen said...

to holly:
Michelle WAS crying! I was amazed, because michelle never gets emotinal about anything. i am sure that peanut will figure it out in due time.

The two love birds .. said...

Congratulations Catie. You and Michelle are doing so well with your debating. Aunt Rita and I miss seeing you both grow up in person but your Blog really helps us keep up with your accomplishments and ..pause.. your crazyness!!