Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lately, I have started thinking about the mistakes, goofs, and misfortunes in life. Most of the time, all of the above end up being unhappy embarrassing events, but I have experienced a few in my life that have actually worked out all right.

Mistake 1: a few years ago, Michelle ordered a toy horse barn for our friend’s birthday. This friend just so happened to live in Hollister, 3 hours away, so having the barn come on time was important. It didn’t come on time, so the company just sent it to the friend’s house instead while we were there. Then, as an apology, they sent us another one free!

Mistake 2: my mom put in an order to a makeup place, and they accidentally sent her a ton of makeup that she didn’t order! She called, and they said they would send someone to come pick it up, but they never did. So she ended up getting lots of makeup free!

Mistake 3: About a week ago, we went to starbucks. I ordered a chi frap, but they accidentally made me a different kind of frap. They said I could keep the wrong one and see how I liked it while they made me the right one. Turned out, I liked the wrong better than the right! Not to mention I got a free drink.

Misfortune 1: last month while we were in Disney land, the Indiana Jones ride stopped while we were on it, and it took about ten minutes to get it fixed again. When the ride finally finished, the people working it asked if we like the ride, and if we wanted to go again? So we all got to go on the ride a second time with out waiting in line!

So even though not all mistakes end up benefiting us, there are the occasional times were you end up getting more for your money... or time.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I do love it when Starbucks messes up a drink - I love the free one - and it turns out that I find new drinks I like that way :)

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Maybe Starbucks messing up your drink is just a gimic to get you addicted to MORE of their drinks. :)

I do love it when things happen that seem not to work out for the best until later.

jenylu said...

You seem to be a spam magnet my dear! :) (Not implying anything derogatory about SJ & Megan's comments of course).

That Starbuck's frap was a pretty good mistake!

J Crew said...

Interesting thoughts TDQ. I like the glass half full approach.

Peter Brown said...

It's always nice when mistakes are in our favor. It helps to balance the scales when we are on the losing side of misfortunes.

Indiana Jones is a very fun ride...well worth a second run!